Jose Antonio is cofounder and managing partner of the firm.
Jose Antonio has developed his practice in the fields of corporate law, mergers and acquisitions, as well as aviation and aerospace. He has advised foreign and Mexican entities and businessmen on a broad range of matters, including cross border and domestic transactions, trust agreements, joint venture deals, secured loans, mergers and acquisitions with a multijurisdictional approach, advice on due diligence procedures, regulatory affairs, and real estate matters.
Jose Antonio focuses on providing legal solutions to his clients. This allows them to do business in Mexico successfully.
- Jose Antonio has actively advised foreign and Mexican entities as well as businessmen in their transactions, which include:
- Joint venture agreements to incorporate new entities in Mexico or to broaden existing business operations.
- Credit and loan agreements secured with pledges, mortgages, or trust agreements.
- Incorporation, conversion, merger, liquidation, capitalization, dividend distribution and corporate restructuring of entities in Mexico.
- Due diligence processes in connection with the merger or acquisitions of companies in Mexico.
- Supply agreements of aeronautic components to Mexican carriers.Transactions relating to the construction, expansion, and lease of industrial plants in Mexico.
Shareholders and partners agreements protecting minority rights.
Professional and academic background
Jose Antonio earned his law degree from the Autonomous University of Queretaro under the choice of excellence GPA.
He holds a master’s degree in advanced studies in air and space law from Leiden University in the Netherlands.
Jose Antonio studied the Columbia Summer Program in American Law from Columbia University in partnership with Leiden University and Amsterdam University.
He also holds a master’s degree in law and pursued a postgraduate program in corporate law from the Autonomous University of Queretaro, among other studies.
Jose Antonio has taken several courses, including a program in business contracts at the Barra Mexicana Colegio de Abogados; a program on the translation of legal texts in English at the Escuela Libre de Derecho and a program on business development at the Autonomous University of Queretaro.
Jose Antonio regularly participates in academic and business activities. He frequently lectures on corporate and aviation law.
Before founding Ceg Legal, S.C., Jose Antonio worked for several years in a top law firm in Mexico and did an internship in a leading Dutch law firm in the corporate and aviation law team.
Practice Areas and Industries
- Corporate, Mergers and Acquisitions
- Regulatory and Compliance
- Aviation and Aerospace
- Real Estate
- Leiden University. LL.M. in Advanced Studies in Air and Space Law.
- Columbia University. Columbia Summer Program in American Law.
- Universidad Autonoma de Queretaro. LL.M.
- Universidad Autonoma de Querétaro. LL.B.
+52 (442) 2162479
Av. Tecnológico 100 Int. 406, San Ángel, C.P. 76030, Santiago de Querétaro, Qro.